This is not first time someone asked me this and as there is a list of meanings, I thought I can blog it down.
It was during my training time in Infosys (during my first 2 months @ Infosys)....
One day I received a mail with subject 'Hi Sarangs'.
It was mail from one of the Sarangs in Infosys. He searched all Sarangs' mail addresses from directory and sent mail to all of us asking for the meaning of the word 'Sarang'.
I don't have that mail handy right now but some of the meanings that we shared in that mail-conversation are,
1. Sarang is one of the 1000 names of Lord Vishnu
4. A courageous person - someone with brave heart
5. A raaga of Indian Classical music (generally sung in the evening, not sure though)
6. A peacock (Sanskrit)
7. In Malaysian, it means 'nest'
8. In Korean language, it means 'Love'
Declaimer: All meanings are correct to the best of my knowledge. :)